Thursday, June 28, 2012

This and That



Canadian Women's Olympic Team:
Kristina Vaculik, Victoria Moors, Brittany Rogers, Dominique Pegg and Ellie Black.

Alternates: Jessica Savona and Madeline Gardiner




Great article on Thomas Finchum













Feature on Maroney and Ross.  Apparently they are BFF, we just never see them in photos together, yet see Maroney with Raisman and Wieber constantly.  I contend that Ross would be a more exciting gymnast if she were less Caucasian.  If you are going to wear heel pads, I want your feet touching your nose on your sheep jumps.  Give me a red and yellow leotard with a pink scrunchie!





Podium Training Videos after the jump.





Bross



Douglas


Finnegan


Liukin


Raisman


Sloan (watch how she jumps into a swing on the high bar from the top of the bar)


Vega

5 comments:

  1. There are a lot of photos of Maroney and Ross together as youngsters, anyway. But that's all I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't they go to Gym max together? I'm not surprised they're buddies in that case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for bursting your bubble, but unless I'm missing something Kyla is more AFRICAN than CAUCASIAN. (I thought I glimpsed a bit of Africa in her face before I saw the confirmation.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those interested in seeing Danell Leyva's high bar routine from yesterday, here's a video. It's pretty amazing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSQiVvp9hg&list=UUdc4ItpqH7bCWOZbi68A-HQ&index=1&feature=plcp

    ReplyDelete