Saturday, June 16, 2012
Russian Cup Round Up
New News Clip (AA Clips...including Mustafina's wobbles on beam)
This info comes from the Rewriting Russian Gymnastics Blog:
Komova was not pleased with her performance because she messed up her 'spins' on floor and is not currently competing her Amanar because she needs more time to train it.
The coaches consider Grishina to be their second best all-arounder behind Komova. They consider Afanasyeva to be their fourth best all-arounder. I do love that Russian Nationals is so very Russian that gymnasts who don't qualify to event finals can compete as a guest because there is no way they are being kept off of the Olympic Team. Brilliant. Frankly, we should be able to do that at the Olympics.
Nabieva earned two medals today, but is not scoring high enough yet to earn a spot on the team. The fifth spot is still open, as Paseka is only 1 for 3 on vault. A solid DTY from Afanasyeva would be a better option as this point. The Russians will likely get Amanars out of Mustafina and Komova, but it is unlikely the 'specialists' will do them. Nabieva could get the fifth spot if she is able to do an Amanar, but her vault has been downgraded at the peak of her career.
1. Anna Pavlova 14.390 (5.8/5.6)
2. Tatiana Nabieva 14.150 (5.2/5.8)
3. Anna Myzdrikova 13.800 (5.0/5.6)
4. Ekaterina Svetkova 12.880 (4.6/4.6)
5. Kristina Bodryagina 12.790 (4.6/4.4)
6. Olga Bikmurzina 12.025 (4.0/4.6)
7. Maria Paseka 11.930 (6.5/5.8)
Women's Uneven Bars
1. Aliya Mustafina 16.150 (7.0)
2. Anastasiya Grishina 15.450 (6.5)*
3. Viktoria Komova 15.150 (7.0)
4. Tatiana Nabieva 14.900 (6.1)
5. Anna Dementieva 14.425 (6.1)
6. Anna Rodionova 13.500 (6.2)
7. Maria Paseka 13.175 (6.1)
8. Ksenia Afanasyeva 12.900 (5.7)
* appearing as a guest