Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Pairs Short



Free Skate Order

Videos after the jump!


  1. over all the skating was pretty good. Would have had the German ahead by a point though. The performance quality was just better and that throw triple flip was beyond words.

  2. Meagan Duhamel has bad luck making her partners bleed mid-performance... But they handled it like troopers!! Tough, determined, persistent. Gotta love the fighting spirit of pair skaters!

  3. I love nothing more than pure, powerful Russian pairs skating. K&S were great, but V&T just blew me away.

    And the Russian men are too hot for words.

  4. Bazarova + Larionov are a dream. Their emotions are straight out of the Soviet era. They skate in black and white and I love it.

  5. In Soviet Russia, emotions feel you.

  6. I'm not a huge fan of the entry into S/Sz's throw flip, but the height is wonderful. I'm a little surprised at how low the Russian pairs were scored. I'd have expected V/T to be within a point of the lead based on that performance. I personally liked K/S's program most of all, seemed the most intricate. I can't for the life of me figure out why he can't hurl her 80ft in the air on the twist like the other top pairs, though, especially considering their lifting prowess.