Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quote of the Day



From a 2001 interview with Irina Rodnina:


Q: Communication skills - is that from America too? I am surprised that you

smile to both Alexei Mishin and Tatiana Tarasova who naturally hate each

other.


A: I can't stand that. I know Tatiana Anatolievna well, she is my coach, I

left Zhuk for her at my time... But I don't want and won't depend on her

mood, on her head - will she say hello, won't she say hello to me. Yes, we

are educated people. We can recite entire works of Pushkin, we quote Homer.

We are very educated but not civilized. We can't communicate. Foreign

coaches already guess: at that competition will Tarasova fight with Dubova or

Mishin with Chaikovskaya?

3 comments:

  1. aren't the only ones with rough communication skills..

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one has drama like the Russians...it could be all of the vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s because Mother Russia has many strong personalities in FS and they are crowded together.

    ReplyDelete