Friday, September 24, 2010

This and That


Your favorite feline, aka Cat Ponor will work for former Romanian soccer great Giga Hagi at his hotel Iaki in Mamaia -a sea restor close to her home town of Constanta. She will work in the hotel spa in the aqua gym with the children, but also with a workout gym gorup. "I'm very happy I could work at Hagi's hotel. It's incredible we could work together, especially since we both did good things for Constanta sports and not only [that]." (Hagia is also originally from Constanta).

Team USA has bad a much better day internationally today. Melissa Bulanhagui is in second place at Nebelhorn behind Kiira Korpi and ahead of a pair of Helgessons. Kiri Baga is second and Angela Wang is 3rd at JGP Japan. Max Aaron leads the men's event and Jason Brown is fourth. JGP Results. Ice-Dance.com has a short dance report from Nebelhorn.

There is an update on our favorite home wrecker and two timer from the Secret Lives of Dances.

All That Skate gave us a lot of info about some of our favorite skaters. As usual, Johnny displayed an unappealing love for Slutskaya and Plushenko. You may be liking some people a bit more and seriously questioning levels of taste. Wagner's love of Lipinski sure explains things.


Shawn Johnson showed the BBC why she needs to be on hoarders.

16 comments:

  1. I knew Yuna was tasteless and unsophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I have the feeling that Scott Moir's answers are just for kicks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the Shawn Johnson video of her basement, and she showed her leotards, and I was like "That's not so bad, it's not that much stuff"... Then the camera panned out to the rest of her basement which looked like a COSTCO. Holy crap. WTF is all that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave kid. I would never let a tv crew within 20 feet of my basement. I'm sure her parents love the fact that their basement storage is being broadcast all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is the most candid I've ever seen Shawn. Its really cute to see her in that light and not this trained robot that she was prior/during the Olympics. Now all the stuff.... yeah its everywhere but if I were her/her family I dont know that I would get rid of it. What do you guys suggest? Its as organized as it can be for the space that they have.

    Signed, Shawn supporter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would probably get rid of some of the practice leotards... Not the ones from USAG, just the ones she wore in the gym when she was small. But you're right, most of that stuff has amazing memories attached to it. I would keep it too, and at least it's organized enough to find the things they need (like her medals for example).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saving the stuff makes sense. She's always been like that and so is her mom. She will have memories when she can no longer do stuff.

    But I am butt-flummoxed that she is training DLO and FTDLO. I mean, whiskey tango foxtrot!? I was worried she would never get back to a double back, with the time off, the fat, the knee, the height, the puberty.

    Bu seriously...she looks like she could be DANGEROUS. No promises that she will succeed. But she is definitely someone to consider as a factor...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think of the value of Shawn J's basement. Now think if she signed everything in there. It'd at least triple in value. I hope the door to it is triple bolted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been liking her Shawn a lot more since this comeback effort for whatever reason. But now I like her a little less knowing that she designed the leos she wore to Nationals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shawn has more class then Vanessa Atler to sell crap with her signature on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how Shawn shows off all the Shawn-themed stuff and then calls the basement her family's shrine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon. 1:17, Vanessa needs the money a lot more than Shawn does.

    Being a midwesterner like Shawn, I hope that basement has a really good sump pump. Can you imagine if that basement flooded and all that stuff got ruined? Didn't her gym suffer flood damage just before the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vanessa whored herself for every penny she could get even when she didn't need the money.

    ReplyDelete