Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Birthday Celebration


Today, July 7th, is a day to celebrate for Aunt Joyce readers. It is the birthday of two very important people: Alex Forrest (Fields of Bronze) and it is the 30th birthday of Michelle Kwan.

While Alex Forrest may make jokes about the Kween, he will forever have to live by being overshadowed by the five-time World Champion.

As Miki Yamashita once said, "If Michelle Kwan was the only Asian in Asian-America, that would be enough!"

Every day is Kwanzaka Day!

7 comments:

  1. So, how do you recommend celebrating Kwanzaka? My Vera Wang dresses are at the cleaners, unfortunately. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long live the Kween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 3oth Birthday to the Kween.
    Luv Miki and Peter's Lutz Chat. total luv for the Kween and total irreverence for everybody else. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Bok Choy did amazing that year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex Forrest checking in. I will never be overshadowed by a five time world champion. Besides, my nose is prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've thought about offering my seed to the Kween to procreate, but I can only imagine which nose our children would get. Neither would be preferable.

    ReplyDelete