Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Fire








Kurt Browning's home caught fire, requiring 80 firefighters and 18 fire trucks to contain the fire. Firefighters were called to the three-alarm fire at 11 a.m. and the fire was put out by 2 p.m.

The fire began due to an unattended leaf blower that was being used to dry a seat in Kurt's Porsche. Flames spread quickly and the roof of the home eventually weakened and collapsed. Firefighters were unable to fight the blade from inside the home due to it being structurally unsound. Kurt, his son, a painter and several pets were inside the home at the time of the fire.

No one was injured in the fire and the home will likely not have to be torn down, but will require extensive renovations.

In the words of Margaret Thatcher, "At least no Olympic Medals were ruined."

13 comments:

  1. Glad to hear no one was injured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the smartest move leaving a leaf blower unattended. Thank god no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the porsche?? What happened to the porsche?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "olympic medal" comment was a bit too snarky, even for you. A little respect please - Kurt is a 4-time world champion (anyone can choke at the Olys, and the undeserving can even win, as proven this year).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god-the last line was so cruel I gasped. that wasn't funny. It was just too mean! Crossed the line from snarky to needlessly mean-you really messed up the tone of the blog totally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please people. If you do not have a sense of humor I don't understand why you read this blog. I thought the medal comment was hilarious and I'm a Canadian who was obsessed with Kurt. I remember being heartbroken in 92 & 94.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "(anyone can choke at the Olys, and the undeserving can even win, as proven this year)."

    Yes..As we have seen in more than one year...namely 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, Yagudin didn't deserve to win? Who, then????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I love Kurt and I thought the comment was funny :) Thankfully nobody was hurt and that is the most important thing.

    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. They were referring to Sarah Hughes as being undeserved. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so funny. I guess his anal lube which spilled into his porche caught on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet you all $100 that is Browning read that line himself he would probably have smirked.

    ReplyDelete