Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nastia Liukin Beam Training



There is plenty of hope!  This was filmed for Universal Sports' Countdown to London, which airs on a network no one gets anymore.

Beam is my favorite event to watch Nastia on and her new combination is stunning.  Nastia returns to camp this weekend after sitting out previous camps with a nagging shoulder issue.

I was very irritated with Nastia when she half-heartedly competed in 2009 despite telling us otherwise.  It is clear that she has been in the gym and is much more serious, focused, trained and fit than we've seen her since Beijing.  If there is anyone I want to make the Olympics, it's Nastia.  (I'm pulling for Maroney and Gabby too.)

Let the troll wars begin.

9 comments:

  1. she looks good. Unfortunately she did not connect her leap to her onodi, her onodi to a sheep , and she did not connect her aerial to her backhandspring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her connections could be quicker, but they'd give them to her...especially the series. She did have a slight bobble with the switch 1/2 that caused a hesitation and could cause her .1 in DV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she will get the connections. She always did in the past, and slow or not, as long as she keeps moving, I think they will credit it. If Jordyn continues to get credit for her full+ bhs, no one else should have trouble getting credit for slow connections (and this isn't a criticism of Jordyn, just an example).

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks better than I expected, but still has a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Anyone know when camp starts and how long it lasts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hopes she makes it. She is a beautiful gymnast and person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was doubting her, but I think she has a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With this injury prone code and Marta's death camps, I have a feeling injuries are going to make this team selection must easier.

    I hope we see at least one of the "comebacks" on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the real judges show up there will be no connection bonus for what she just did.

    Stunning? You are either blind or so far up Nastias' ass you can't see the light.

    ReplyDelete