Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Julianne Hough's Black Swan Workout



Usually, the holidays are a time we all put on weight.  Cocktails, egg nog, Christmas cookies and yams are fun at the time, but make us regret out life choices when the holiday parties end by mid January.  This year, Natalie Portman thinspired us all with her performance in Black Swan.  As we prepare for spring, it is important that we already plan to fit in our skimpy 2Xist swimsuits at Fire Island.

Since New Year's, I've been working out by doing sit ups, push ups and arches.  Soda and alcohol have been off limits for the past two months and I added in planks last week. I've been religious about drinking my eight glasses of water a day.  (I make charts for all of this, as I can be very obsessive compulsive.  There is great satisfaction in writing down what I've done for the day.) Work and a course I'm taking have left no time for skating, but that will change within the next week.  As I prepare to get back on the ice, I thought it was time for cardio.  I'm a work hard or go home type.  If I'm on the ice, I'm dieting and working out off the ice in order to feel pretty on the ice.  There is nothing worse than staring at the reflection of your problem areas in the plexiglass above the boards while young whipper snappers are reeling off cheated double toes in the background.

My witch of a sister forgot to return my Dancing With The Stars Latin Cardio Fitness DVD, which left me to find a dance workout online.  I decided to give Julianne Hough's Dance With Julianne workout.  I must say, that fierce little Mormon kicked my ass.  Julianne Hough is deceptive.  She's fun and cute, but then she manages to get you moving and sweating.  While the DWTS DVD with Maks and Cheryl is pretty boring, Julianne's energy is upbeat and infectious, without being annoying like Denise Austin.  Through our desire to have Julianne's body, we learn all about how to be a strong woman.  Flirt!  Flirt!  Lift that skirt up!  Be sassy!  Fierce! By the end of the cha cha, I felt every bit as big of a Mormon cock tease as my shockingly virginal instructor.  I'm starting off slowly, so I only did the dance lesson, cardio ballroom, cha cha and cool down today, but I'll be adding in the Jive tomorrow morning.  In my mind, Julianne and I are on our way to capturing the Mirror Ball trophy this season.

Tip: Do this workout when you're home alone, as you won't want anyone to catch you shaking it all about.  Trust me, you'll get into it!






5 comments:

  1. haha, this post reminds me that I really need to go work out right now. My tumbling goes to shit when I do not stay in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest her other DVD which isn't ballroom. It's more "pop" (think Britney Spears video choreography). It's really fun, and pretty challenging. I bought it at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh out loud (in a very happy good way)- and I really needed a laugh today. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, are you really going without alcohol for 2 months? How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julianne has one of the best bodies out there today. wow. These ballroom dancers are doing something right.

    ReplyDelete