As announced, ABC will be bringing its own version of a celebskate competition to the air with its inaugural edition of "Skating With The Stars" debuting on Nov. 22.
Most notably (as far as Aunt Joyce and I are concerned), the exceptional Jewess and 'Real Housewife' Bethenny Frankel will be among those "celebrities" (airquotes) competing for the grand prize. Ms. Frankel, who never met a one-liner she couldn't make her bitch, will be skating with U.S. pairs competitor Ethan Burgess.
Why the Bethenny love you ask? Because she is a supreme wordsmith who so deftly played the role of Greek chorus on Bravo's "Real Housewives of New York City." It is a role that we are now in mourning over, as Bethenny has left the show for greener pastures.
Also joining Bethenny and Burgess are the following teams:
- Olympic Gold Medal-Winning skier Jonny Moseley and Brooke Castile
- Disney actor/singer/dancer Brandon Mychal Smith and Keauna McLaughlin
- "Blade Runner" actress (and alleged cray cray nutcase) Sean Young and Denis Pethukov
- Motley Crue member Vince Neal and Jennifer Wester
- Soap actress Rebecca Budig and Fred Palascak (I have no idea, either)
But perhaps the biggest skating coup is that Johnny Weir AND Uncle Dick Button will serve as judges.